Five Ways to Deliver a Great Customer Experience
I am always looking for ways to improve my customer service skills. I feel like sometimes I get so wrapped up in just getting the job done, that I forget I need to ensure my customers are having a great experience with me or they may not come back.
I found a great article explaining how to give your customers a great experience. Christine Mauro, who writes for MarketingProfs, wrote in her article, Five Ways to Deliver a Great Customer Experience, some simple, yet effective ways to give customers a great experience with your company.
Below are Mauro’s five ways to better your customer service:
- Start with convenient lines of communication – This goes along the lines of know who your customers are and cater to them. Give them the information they want, when they want it,, and where they want it.
- Facilitate desired outcomes – If you want your customers to do something, make it as clear and as easy as possible. "If you want your customers to pay their bill on time, for example, make doing so as easy and as clear as possible," says Mauro.
- Personalize the experience – Your customers appreciate and even expect some level of personalization. Keeping track of customer information with a field service software program ensures they don’t have to repeat their information to you and helps you personalize each visit.
- Speak to customers on their terms – Just because you know the terms of the industry doesn’t mean your customers do. Remember this fact and explain things to your customers in a way that they will understand.
- Align touch points – Mauro explains, “The customer sees your company as a single entity—and will be justifiably confused if, for instance, the fact that two different teams handle online and paper billing creates a payment complication.”
You could choose to do all of these tips or just one. Either way it can’t hurt to try them out. Customers appreciate extra effort put towards them and these are simple ways to make a customer’s experience with your company great.
To read the entire article, click here.